By Obeten Godfrey
Gangsters in Ugep, the headquarters of Yakurr Local Government Area of Cross River State will from now on be subjected to jungle justice if any of their activities leads to the loss of life, CrossRiverWatch authoritatively reveals.
This is coming on the heels of recent gang wars which have greeted the Ugep community, causing unrest, destruction of lives and properties in the area.
This resolution was made yesterday at a peace rally in Ugep, morning. The Peace rally saw youths troop out enmass, taking to the streets of Ugep to demonstrate their anger towards recent cult activities which has taken turns in the community.
The move by the youths numbering about five hundred was in a bid to show solidarity to its homeland, specifically on the barbaric cult war which has taken lives and properties destroyed.
Speaking at the peace rally, the Obol Lopon of Ugep, Obol Ofem Ubana Eteng who spoke in tears bemoaned the state of killings in the area, which has led to loss of lives and properties, and caused unrest in the town.
In submission, the Royal Father promised with strong terms to as a matter of urgent attention adhere to the proposals been made by the youths.
He also reiterated his resolve and commitment to restoring peace which has been long lost in the land.
When CrossRiverWatch spoke to one of the youth leaders and organizers of the rally, he stated categorically that the peace move was a way for the youths to show their support to the land of their birth, noting that it was not aimed at reigniting violence, but that it was geared to the restoration of peace in the area.
Below are some of the resolutions made at the peace rally:
1. The Obol Lopon should with immediate effect dismiss all hoodlums believed to be cultists who serve as Palace guards.
2. Employ the personnel of the Nigerian Police, The Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corp; or rather employ the services of ex-service men, who will from now onwards serve as Palace guards.
3. That henceforth, there should be jungle justice upon any gangster who masterminds any killing in the area.
4. That henceforth, social gatherings perceived to be cult bodies should not be allowed to operate in public at free will. And that on no account should any individual or group be allowed to operate with weapons or arms in the name of association.
5. That he, the Obol Lopon, should as a matter of urgent attention champion a move which will aid the apprehension of those who have in the time past participated or initiated the killings of Ugep sons through any cult related activity, with a view to bringing them to book.
See pictures below.