To further strengthen its position as the foremost tourism destination in West Africa, the Cross River State Tourism Bureau seeks the services of very qualifide and outstanding candidates for the under listed positions:
GENERAL MANAGER, STANDARDS & LICENSING
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the department and oversight of the staff
- Develop quality standards for the development and maintenance of tourism products, infrastructure and amenities at international standards.
- Should ensure implementation of such standards
- To develop policies, operating manuals and procedures for the department and industry
- To establish the process for training & talent development for industries & licensing tour operators
Skills and Competence
- First degree in Business Administration, Law, Hospitality or a related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years work experience , 4 years of which were in quality control for an organization or industry
- Strong knowledge of the tourism industry
- Strong knowledge of best practices in tourism
GENERAL MANAGER, RESEARCH & PLANNING
- Provide research-related support as requested by the Managing Director.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Research department and oversight of staff.
- Present research fiding as required to the Board of Directors and industry stakeholders.
- Able to develop policies and operating manuals and procedures for the department.
- To oversee the implementation and administration of such policies and procedures.
- To monitors trends and new developments in the tourism industry, related to regulations.
Skills and Competence
- First Degree in Economics, Business Administration or MSc., Statistics or related discipline
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience, 4 years of which must be in management in a research related field
- Demonstrate practical experience in policy, industry and market analysis
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Good organisational, leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills
MANAGER, RESEARCH AND STATISTICAL ANALYST
- Able to develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information.
- Able to analyze and interpret statistical data to identify signifiant diferences in relationships among sources of information.
- To evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficicy, and accuracy
- To Evaluate sources of information to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability.
- To Plan data collection methods for specific rojects and determine the types and sizes of sample groups to be used.
Skills and competences.
- First Degree in Statistics, Economics or related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years research-related work experience in a corporate organisation.
- Excellent research and analytical skill
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to design and execute multiple research projects simultaneously.
MANAGER, CORPORATE PLANNING & STRATEGY
- To provide strategies for current and future growth of the organisation
- To suggest changes or improvements to current business plans, policies and procedures.
- To review current and future financial needs, and forecasting future economic and consumer trends.
- Able to perform appropriate analysis on the information and trends – both qualitative and quantitative.
- To assist the GM Research & planning in working out the short- and long-term implications for the group businesses in terms of potential threats and opportunities.
skills and competences
- First Degree in Economics, Business Management or any related field in social or management science.
- A Masters in Business Administration will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in corporate strategy and planning.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – including Microsoft excel; statistical analysis skills are desirable but not essential
- Ability to multi- task and efectively manage time
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Qualified applicants should please send their CVs to, email@example.com. ng or to Te Human Resource Officer, Cross River State Tourism Bureau, Okoi Arikpo House, 10 Calabar Rd., Calabar, with a N1,000 application fee payable IFO Cross River State Tourism Bureau at Stanbic IBTC Bank (A/C 9201619111). Employment forms can be picked directly at Cross River State Tourism Bureau or downloaded from the website afer payment at www. visitcrossriver.com
Since You Are Here, Support Good Journalism
CrossRiverWatch was founded on the ideals of deploying tech tools to report in an ethical manner, news, views and analysis with a narrative that ensures transparency in governance, a good society and an accountable democracy.
Everyone appreciates good journalism but it costs a lot of money. Nonetheless, it cannot be sacrificed on the altar of news commercialisation.
Consider making a modest contribution to support CrossRiverWatch's journalism of credibility and integrity in order to ensure that all have continuous free access to our noble endeavor.