FCE Obudu Provost Sack Not For Public Consumption – Chairman Of Council, Anthony Obi

In Breaking News, Education, National News, Reports

By CrossRiverWatch Admin

The Chairman of the Governing Council of the Federal College of Education Obudu has said that the suspension of the Provost, Dr. James Ejue is not for public consumption reports PREMIUM TIMES.

CrossRiverWatch had reported that the governing council of the college on December 15 recommended the provost for a three-month suspension from January 1 to March 31, 2018 for alleged theft of N125 million from the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System, GIFMIS, salary account of the college.

The decision came after reports of the alleged misuse of NGN125 million in the school which led to the suspension of the bursar of the college.

GIFMIS is an IT-based system for budget management and accounting that is being used by the federal government to improve public expenditure management processes, and enhance greater accountability and transparency across its ministries and agencies.

It was designed to help the government plan and use its financial resources more efficiently and effectively.

And, PREMIUM TIMES reports that according to the letter of recommendation for suspension, signed by chairman of the governing council, Anthony Obi, the provost was asked to refund N25 million “unaccounted within a three month deadline, not exceeding March 2018.”

The provost was asked to refund NGN25 million despite having been accused of misusing NGN125 million.

The letter also said, “The Provost should hand over the college to the Deputy Provost, Mecha Kalu Uduma”, while the “Governing Council graciously invites the honourable Minister to approve council’s recommendation to restore sanity in the College”.

When contacted on phone, Mr. Obi said that, “the information is not for public consumption.”

“It is still under investigation, as long as the council is concerned we’ve not made anything public,” Mr. Obi said.

Meanwhile, a source in the College who requested anonymity for fear of victimization said the Provost was recommended for suspension based on alleged misappropriation of funds in connivance with the Bursar of the College, Ushie Sixtus, who has been on suspension since September 29, 2017.

According to the source, the governing council has ascertained that the duo embezzled the ’employee contribution scheme’ funds which is more or less the workers pension savings.

“There is foul play in the decision of the governing council; they’ve been bribed. The correct verdict for the Provost and the Bursar after refunding the money should be prosecution but the council only asked them to return the money and go on three month suspension,” the source said.

The source added that the allegation leveled against the two is, “corruption, embezzlement, misappropriation, advance fee fraud and actions prejudicial to the security of the state.”

The source also claimed that the provost and some of the council members were in Abuja last week to lobby the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, not to grant the approval of recommendation for suspension.

This claim could not be independently verified as the Minister could not be immediately reached.

Efforts to reach Mr Ejue were unsuccessful as he did not answer calls or respond to text messages sent to him.

The Bursar, who also declined commenting on telephone, however, said he was yet to get any notification.

“I have not gotten any letter to the effect that my suspension has been extended by the governing council,” he said.

The Secretary of the Governing Council also kept mute on the issue.

“If you are asking me anything about FCE Obudu, I will not answer you, I don’t have any authority to speak or give you information regarding FCE Obudu and I told you the last time you called me. I don’t care about what you write. Contact the PRO of the institution,” Magdalene Okoko, the Registrar of FCE Obudu, who is also the Secretary to the Governing Council said on Friday night.

Justin Egba, the spokesperson of the College, acknowledged that the case was under investigation by the Governing Council.

“I will like to ‘work’ on any story you are writing as soon as the governing council gets to the root of the issue,” he said.

Meanwhile, CrossRiverWatch gathered that two bus loads of shortlisted candidates for employment arrived the college two Sundays ago for an interview.

This could not be independently verified as at press time. But, staff of the college had recently protested and one Ikashi Dekas had taken to Facebook to allege this and added that indigenes were left out of the said employment process.

New Feature: Don't miss any of our news again.Get all our articles in your facebook chat box.Click the Facebook Messenger Icon below to subscribe now

Text Advert by CRWatch :Place Yours

Will You To Learn How To Make Millions Of Naira Making Special Creams From Your Kitchen?.Click Here

My Friend Peter Almost Lost His Wife Because His Sexual Problem.Click Here To See What Saved Him


Expose Your Business And Make More Sales. Advertise On CrossRiverWatch.com Today

You may also read!

Ayade’s Dualization Of Calabar – Odukpani Junction Road, A Timely Responsive Intervention BY EMMANUEL ETIM

By CrossRiverWatch Admin The perenial challenge that motorists face when coming into Calabar, the state capital through the Calabar

Read More...

Governor Ayade’s Possible Development Agenda For 2018 BY SOLOMON ASHA

By CrossRiverWatch Admin Follow @crossriverwatch The Government and the good people of Cross River State as has become the

Read More...

CRUTECH Student Diagnosed Of Low Platelet Concentrate In Need Of N1.5Million For Surgery, Cries For Help

By Archibong Jeremiah A Cross River University of Technology, CRUTECH student, Miss Alobi Gladys diagnosed of low platelet concentrate

Read More...

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Mobile Sliding Menu

Share this now