Are you wondering how your website, video or blog can go viral?
Then first you need to understand what going viral online truly means.
The term viral marketing relates to the process of spreading or replicating something and spreading it.
Quite akin to a biological virus that replicates quickly and spreads with contact between an infected person and an uninfected one.
Similarly viral marketing focuses on the key social networking groups that help a website, blog or video to gain popularity simply because of the number of people who know of it and talk to others of it.
So how do you start?
Here are the 5 Key Steps to Going Viral
• Great content: This is what it all boils down to. If you have great digital content then you can devise numerous ways to go viral. On the other hand if your content is unappealing, boring and irrelevant, then you can forget about it spreading with word of mouth or being referred to by friends and contacts on social networks. The most important part of going viral is to ensure that your content is of the absolute best quality.
• Fresh content: It is important that you have something interesting to say and express, and that you do it often. Are you wondering about which format would work best? Then look at some of the most popular articles on top social networks and you should have a good idea of the blueprint you may want to model. This refers to the basic framework and tone and not necessarily the content. Have a regular schedule to update your content. This makes your space interesting to visit and is sure to have visitors returning for more.
• Research: Research the top social networking sites and make your presence felt on them. Read blogs, watch videos and visit websites to get an idea of what is happening in cyber space. Often you will find that some of your best creative ideas may come from online explorations.
• Give them something to talk about: Engage your target audience. Old Spice an older popular brand from Procter & Gamble spiced up their image by launching a new hilariously, provocative media campaign from The Man Your Man Could Smell Like. Their Facebook fan page and You Tube Channel link back to their website to encouraging readership and a purchasing call to action. This is a great example of using social media tools to go viral and helping to increase sales. The video has already been viewed close to 3 million times and have over 500,000 Facebook fans in a short time.
• Stay with the news: Breaking news stories are amongst the most read online content. Subscribe to alerts from news websites, add a little touch of your own to the headline and then link to the site. RSS your content and ensure that your RSS feed link is well paced on your blog or website. With an increase in the subscribers to your RSS feed, going viral is as simple as offering great content.
These are just a few of the basic steps to going viral for any website, blog or video. Think about what you like to read or watch. What have been your favorite? You can develop creative and versatile ways of going viral depending on your content and purpose. Don’t forget however, the core to going viral is great content.
culled from www.socialsmarty.com
Since You Are Here, Support Good Journalism
CrossRiverWatch was founded on the ideals of deploying tech tools to report in an ethical manner, news, views and analysis with a narrative that ensures transparency in governance, a good society and an accountable democracy.
Everyone appreciates good journalism but it costs a lot of money. Nonetheless, it cannot be sacrificed on the altar of news commercialisation.
Consider making a modest contribution to support CrossRiverWatch's journalism of credibility and integrity in order to ensure that all have continuous free access to our noble endeavor.