by crossriverwatch admin
Cross River Lawyer and Human Rights Activist, Chief Obono Obla was one of those that made the membership of one of the three sub-committees that were inaugurated today by the newly formed All Progressive Congress APC, to complete the processes for the consummation of the merger.
Obla who has been a member of the APC merger committee from the onset is to serve on the committee that will examine and determine all legal matters pertaining to the merger.
The three sub-committees and their membership were inaugurated today in Abuja.
The inauguration was presided over by the Chairman of the Inter Joint Party Merger Committees (ANPP: CAN: CPC and APGA), Chief Tom Ikimi.
The sub-committees and their terms of reference include:
A. CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE
1. Otuna Niyi Adebayo
2. Aremo Segun Osoba
3. Dr. Chris Ngige
4. Chief John Oyegun
5. Senator John Akpan Udoedehe
6. Abdulaziz Yari Abubukar
7. Hon. Peter O. Edeh
8. Hajia Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu
9. Alhaji Gambo Magaji
10. Attahiru D. Bafarawa
11. Barrister Adebayo Abdulraheem Shittu
12. Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwaijuba
13. Mrs. Lucy Ayaji
14. Dr. Osagie Enahire
15. Engr. Ife Oyedele
16. Prof. Fabian Osuji
17. Barr. Obi Igwedibie
18. Hon. Stanley Ohajuruka
19. Barr. Ezennia Ogbuehi
20. Hon. Chika Nwauwa
B. MANIFESTO (MOTTO, SLOGAN & MESSAGE) COMMITTEE
1. Chief Audu Ogeh
2. Dr. Garba Abari
3. Dr. Usman Bugaje
4. Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa
5. Chief Chike Udewa
6. Chief Geofrey Yileng
7. Alh. Saliu Momoh
8. Ho. S. A . Kawu Sumaila
9. Hon. Ibrahim Gaidam
10. Hon. Nelson Alapa
11. Sen. Hadi Sirika
12. Professor Tam David-West
13. Alh. Mohammed Sabo Nanono
14. Osita Okechukwu
15. Dr. Haruna Yerima
16. Chief P.C Onuha
17. Chief Ike Olu
18. Barr. C. J. Chinwuba
19. Hon. Ezewa Onyewuchi
20. Chief Ikechukwu Alor
C. INEC –LEGAL AND CONSTITUTION COMPLIANCE COMMITTEE
1. Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu
2. Rabia Eshak
3. Chief Henry Ajomale
4. Dr. Ibrahim Lame
5. Sen. George Akume
6. Admiral Lanre Amusu (Rtd)
7. Chief Solomon Edebiri
8. Gov. Kashim Ibrahim Shettima
9. Senator Ahmed Rufai Yerima
10. Alh. Abdulrahaman Adamu
11. Barrister James Ocholi (SAN)
12. Chief Okoi Obono-Obla
13. Engr. B.D Lawal
14. Professor Buba Bagoja
15. Air Commodore (rtd) Bernard Banfa
16. Celestine Omeiha
17. Barr. Don Jidendu
18. Martin Agbaso
19. Dr. Anyim Nyerere
20. Prince Marshal Anyanwu
Terms of Reference
1. Examine the constitutions of all the Merging Partners in detail and analyze them. Examine Political Parties Constitutions from successful democracies with a view to adopting some suitable provisions.
2. Design a robust and dependable constitution for APC which will derive its strength from sound democratic ideals and which will deepen our Nation’s democracy and ensure a thriving Part democracy.
3. Design a constitution which provide adequate structures and safeguards for the principle of Party Supremacy provided that it its provisions do not contravene the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
4. Create Party organs and identify all relevant Party positions at all level such that will be reflective of our Social Democratic Philosophy and propose a recruitment system that will ensure that competent, honest and qualified persons who will lead the Party at the different levels and give it sound and credible direction are put in place.
5. Identify all sustainable revenue sources for the Party to make the Party a People Owned Party.
6. Establish channels of communication and or collaboration with strong political players such as Labor and Civil Society with a view to ensuring the creation of a broad based political party.
7. Design an elaborate /recruitment system that will build the party into a strong political institution based on the principles of discipline, commitment and loyalty.
8. Design a transparent method of Congress and Convention that will be in line with our commitment to sound internal democratic ideals.
9. Provide proper safeguards for discipline within the Party which will guarantee adequate access to justice by all members without prejudice.
10. Liaise with other sub Committees and determine other issues that may be included in the Constitution.
11. Consider and propose any other relevant matters that will enhance the integrity of the New Party and make it stand out from just being business as usual.
12. Submit your report to the Main Joint Inter Party Merger Committee within two weeks from the date of inauguration.
1. While defining clearly the philosophical/ideological content of the APC, clearly distinguishing it from the other party-PDP, you are to fully reflect on the social, economic and political situation prevailing in the country, on the plight of the generality of our people, urban and rural alike, youth and women and prepare a manifesto which addressed the needs, yearnings and concerns of our people. Fundamentally, the manifesto should make our Governments at all levels regulator, governments which will create the enabling environment for wealth creation and employment generation.
2. Social Services such as Education, Health Services, Water Supply, Electricity, Clean Environment and Food Supply should enjoy government support wholesomely while industrialization, agriculture and poverty alleviation should be tackled and promoted through the creation of an enabling environment.
3. Agriculture must be given priority of place. Being an issue on the concurrent legislative list, our manifesto should go beyond the general statements of supporting it, but should aim at targets and timelines while outlining the steps to take to actualize that. Central Government should mainly be concerned with regulation. Our Manifesto must be crystal clear on definite steps to be taken towards a credible process of diversifying our National Revenue Sources as well as ensuring an acceptable balance between the Recurrent and Capital Expenditures in our Budgeting.
4. Work out sound methods for job creation including particularly Mass Housing and Agriculture.
5. Special attention should be directed towards:
a. Power Supply
f. Industrial Growth
6. You are equally expected to give adequate attention to the issue of corruption and express the Party’s resolve to deal decisively with it .
7. The security situation in the country needs urgent and also decisive action. Steps to be taken needs to be clearly defined in broad terms.
8. You should design specific and generic policy options on Youth and Women as strong change agents in our country. Women constitute approximately 50 % or more of Nigeria’s population. The manifesto should go beyond mere semantics but should specify how our party intends to integrate those critical mass of our population into the National development process.
9. Address the issue of sport development and the care of senior citizens.
10. Provide clear commitment to ensuring a very healthy environment for the healthy development of all our people.
11. Establish crystal clear CARDINAL POINTS as our CORE COMMITMENTS to our people which should include :
• ERADICATION OF CORRUPTION
• UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY
• FULL AND GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT
• AFFORDABLE LOCAL FUEL PRICE
• HEALTH CARE
12. Propose a suitable Motto and Slogan for the New Party.
13. Submit your report to the Main Joint Inter Party Merger Committee within two weeks from the date of your inauguration.
INEC-LEGAL & CONSTITUTIONAL COMPLIANCE
1. To determine and examine all legal issues related to the process of Merger of Political Parties.
2. To provide guidelines to all the parties involved in the merger, which will ensure full compliance with all relevant laws by all the parties.
3. To liaise with INEC and all other relevant agencies to ensure a smooth consummation of the merger.
4. To document all understanding and /or agreements among the merging parties.
5. To submit its report to the Joint Inter-Party Merger Committee within two weeks from the date of its inauguration.
follow us on twitter @crossriverwatch
Since You Are Here, Support Good Journalism
CrossRiverWatch was founded on the ideals of deploying tech tools to report in an ethical manner, news, views and analysis with a narrative that ensures transparency in governance, a good society and an accountable democracy.
Everyone appreciates good journalism but it costs a lot of money. Nonetheless, it cannot be sacrificed on the altar of news commercialisation.
Consider making a modest contribution to support CrossRiverWatch's journalism of credibility and integrity in order to ensure that all have continuous free access to our noble endeavor.