The Cross River contingents participating in the 19th edition of the National Sports Festival, currently ongoing in National Stadium, Abuja, have clinched sixteen medals so far.
The festival which started on 7th of December, 2018, had Team Cross River registered for nine sports, out of a total of thirty-nine.
The category of sports team Cross River is participating in are; Tennis, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Swimming, Boxing, Pole Vault, Athletics, Scrabble, and Karate.
So far, the medals won are enumerated below;
1. Felix Ekpo, Men’s Weight Lifting 135kg – Gold
2. Cecilia Otu Akpan and Janet Friday, Women’s Table Tennis Team – Gold
3. Cecilia Otu Akpan and Janet Friday, Women’s Table Tennis Double – Gold
4. Ishmael Sadjo, Men’s 10,000m Marathon – Gold
5.Cecilia Otu Akpan, Women Table Tennis Singles – Silver
6. Felix Ekpo, Men’s Weight Lifting, Class of 73kg- Silver
8. (Name of athletic not confirmed) Women’s 50m Freestyle Swimming – Silver
9. Esther Patrick, Women’s Weight Lifting 64kg Weight; Snatch – Silver
10. Esther Patrick, Women’s Weight Lifting class of 64kg Clean and Jerk – Silver
11. Esther Patrick, Women’s Weight Lifting 84kg Weight; Snatch – Silver
12. Felix Ekpo, Men’s Weight Lifting 67kg – Bronze
12. Victor Mgbe, Men’s Para-swimming – Bronze
14. Etim Orok and Solomon Mathias, Men’s Table Tennis Double – Bronze
15. Rustom Francis, Men’s Karate – Bronze
16. John Arikpo, Wrestling – Silver
More updates shortly.
Since You Are Here, Support Good Journalism
CrossRiverWatch was founded on the ideals of deploying tech tools to report in an ethical manner, news, views and analysis with a narrative that ensures transparency in governance, a good society and an accountable democracy.
Everyone appreciates good journalism but it costs a lot of money. Nonetheless, it cannot be sacrificed on the altar of news commercialisation.
Consider making a modest contribution to support CrossRiverWatch's journalism of credibility and integrity in order to ensure that all have continuous free access to our noble endeavor.