By Able Winnard And Gladys Omirigbe
Former Commissioner for Health in Cross River State, Doctor Janet Ekpenyong and twelve others have received national appointments.
She is appointed as the Deputy Head of Office, National Cash Transfer Office (NCTO) under the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Abuja.
Janet was also the former Director General of Cross River State Primary Healthcare Development Agency (CRSPHCDA), alongside another Cross Riverian – Richard Romanus appointed as national program Manager, Youth Empowerment and Social Support Operations (YESSO).
Their appointments were contained in a release made available by Rasheed Olanrewaju Zubair, Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu.
According to the release, the appointments are in line with President Tinubu’s directive to restructure the social safety net program to address the expanded mandate of the ministry.
It further stated that is the “Renewed Hope Agenda” aimed at giving succor to those affected by humanitarian crises and eradicating multi-dimensional poverty In Nigeria..
While the appointment is with immediate effect, the Minister encourages the appointees to bring their wealth of experience to bear in their new offices as there will be no room for excuses or failure, in the actualisation of the Renewed Hope mandate and in moving Nigeria forward.
The appointees are:
1) National Coordinator NASSCO – Hon Abdulaziz Danladi
2). National Cash Transfer Office NCTO Head of office – Dr Micheal Ajuluchukwu
3) NCTO Deputy Head of Office – Dr Janet Ekpenyong
4) National Programme Manager, Youth Empowerment Empowerment and Social Support Operations (YESSO) – Richard Romanus.
5) National Communication manager NSIP – Hon Jamalu kaburu.
6) National Programme Manager, Renewed Hope Shelter Programme for Refugees, Poor and Internally Displaced Persons – Hon Chidinma Makuachukwu.
7) National Programme manager, Grant For Vulnerable groups – Hon Thalis Apalowo.
8) Programme Manager At Risk Children Programme – Hajia Salia Sanusi Yusuff.
9) National Programme Manager, National Homegrown School feeding Programme (Renewed Hope Home Grown School feeding and End Hunger programme) – Hon. Mrs. Obande
10) Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (Renewed Hope MSME Loan Programme) – Hon Dr Joseph Nkang.
11) Programme manager N-Power Programme (Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme – Dr Akindele Adekunle Egbuwalo.
12) Renewed Hope IDP Refugees out of School Programme (National Alternate School Programme )- Dr. Mrs Etcheri Ansa.
13) National Project Manager, Community and Social Development Programme- Hon. Olubunmi Bello.