By Everest Prince And Ruth Obo-Ekpo
The Management of the University of Cross River State (UNICROSS), has appointed new Heads of Departments (HoDs) for some of the newly approved programs in the institution.
The appointments were made by the Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Augustin Angba at the varsity’s enlarged management meeting held in the Calabar campus on Saturday.
The appointees are:
- Dr. Cassius Ogar as acting Head of the Department of Entrepreneurship Studies.
- Dr. Anthony Odira Oru, acting Head Department of Banking and Finance.
- Dr. Francis Anoka, acting Head of the Department of Economics.
- Dr. Ofut Ogar, Acting Head of the Department of Software Engineering.
- Dr. Julius Obidinnu, acting Head of the Department of Information System.
- Dr. Sunday Ebaye, acting Head of the Department of Peace Studies.
- Dr. Eteng Eloma, acting Head of the Department of Sociology.
- Dr. Tabe Ntui, acting Head of the Department of Industrial Chemistry.
- Dr. Michael Ayang-Nzan, acting Head of the Department of Broadcasting.
- Mr. Cornelius Ellah, as the acting Head of the Department of Journalism Studies. Cornelius Ellah was the acting Head of the Department of Mass Communication before his recent appointment.
Meanwhile, Dr. John Ukam is now the new acting Head of the Department of Mass Communication.
The above-listed appointment takes effect immediately and will elapse at the end of September 2025.
With the approval given by the National University Commission (NUC ), the University has established seventeen new programs and is admitting students into these new departments currently.
The Vice-chancellor congratulated the newly appointed heads of departments and wished them success in the discharge of their duties.