by crossriverwatch admin
There was fire out break this morning at one of the cinema theaters in the Marina Resort Calabar.
Flames and swirls of smoke were seen billowing from the theater rattling workers who were just resuming for work.
The fire which was suspected to have been caused by electrical malfunction was said to have started early this morning between 7am – 8am.
Men of the Cross River State civil service and the Nigeria Police were quickly mobilized to the scene to contain the fire after doing considerable damage to the affected theater.
When our reporter got to the scene of the incident, the place had been cordoned off by stern looking security men who refused to entertain any questions.
Staff also refused to speak saying they have all been warned to keep their mouths shut.
But one of the staff who volunteered information said: “Our Oga has given us warning not to talk to anyone about this. One of theater was well affected but the fire service people have come to quench the fire and there are doing the clean up inside in preparation to reopen by 4pm today.”
Efforts to speak with the men of the Cross River State Fire Service were also futile as they declined answering any question from our reporter saying they were not authorized to speak on the matter.
follow us on twitter @crossriverwatch
Since You Are Here, Support Good Journalism
CrossRiverWatch was founded on the ideals of deploying tech tools to report in an ethical manner, news, views and analysis with a narrative that ensures transparency in governance, a good society and an accountable democracy.
Everyone appreciates good journalism but it costs a lot of money. Nonetheless, it cannot be sacrificed on the altar of news commercialisation.
Consider making a modest contribution to support CrossRiverWatch's journalism of credibility and integrity in order to ensure that all have continuous free access to our noble endeavor.