By Sylvia Etta
The Executive Chairman of Abi Local Government in Cross River State, Mrs. Edith Amadi, has suspended five of her appointees for insubordination to her authority and office.
A statement from her Chief Press Secretary, Azogor Ideba says the suspension is indefinite and with immediate effect while the affected persons are advised to return any council possession in their care to the office of the Secretary of Council until further notice.
The suspended appointees include:
1. Dermot Akpoke Eja – Special Adviser on Peace & Security
2. Samuel Egbe Eti – Protocol to Leader of Legislative House
3. Ekpe Hilary Emenyi – Special Assistant on Youth & Sports
4. Eyime Emeng Eyime – Special Assistant on Political/ Legislative Matters
5. Samuel Bernard Ekpe – Personal Assistant to Chairman
Since You Are Here, Support Good Journalism
CrossRiverWatch was founded on the ideals of deploying tech tools to report in an ethical manner, news, views and analysis with a narrative that ensures transparency in governance, a good society and an accountable democracy.
Everyone appreciates good journalism but it costs a lot of money. Nonetheless, it cannot be sacrificed on the altar of news commercialisation.
Consider making a modest contribution to support CrossRiverWatch's journalism of credibility and integrity in order to ensure that all have continuous free access to our noble endeavor.