By CrossRiverWatch Admin
A husband and wife last night died in theor sleep after inhaling fumes from a power generating set kept inside the house along Ikot Effanga Mkpa in Calabar.
The young couples, man 32, woman 27, are both from Jos, Plateau state and are both Muslims that just got married in April 2017.
The landlady of thier house, Mrs Stella Oruaku said they were alerted by the deceased apprentice who came to check on the boss after repeated calls to his phone without response.
According to the apprentice, he realised the door was not opened after repeated knocks.
He then called the neighbours and the door was forced opened to realised the couple were both death.
At the time of filing this report, the head of the Hausa community in Cross River state had been informed and arrangement were also being made to bury the couple according to Islamic rites.
Since You Are Here, Support Good Journalism
CrossRiverWatch was founded on the ideals of deploying tech tools to report in an ethical manner, news, views and analysis with a narrative that ensures transparency in governance, a good society and an accountable democracy.
Everyone appreciates good journalism but it costs a lot of money. Nonetheless, it cannot be sacrificed on the altar of news commercialisation.
Consider making a modest contribution to support CrossRiverWatch's journalism of credibility and integrity in order to ensure that all have continuous free access to our noble endeavor.