UNICAL Set To Commission New Water Project

In Breaking News, Education, Health, National News, Reports

By Ekemini Raymond

The new water project almost completed
The new water project almost completed

Water is one of the basic amenities of life, and is very essential for the survival of living things on the surface of the earth, both plant animals. This valuable natural resource has numerous uses, both directly or indirectly to man, and his environment, ranging from drinking, bathing, washing and cleaning.

Despite of all this imperative need for water, the University of Calabar has been facing a huge challenge in the water sector, as more than 50% of the University environment does not have flowing water, and if any, it is not good water.

This challenge was the brain behind the construction of central water project, which was initiated during the 3rd year in office of the incumbent Vice Chancellor, Prof. James Epoke.

A visit to the site of construction shows that more than 80% of the work has been completed, and the remaining 20% is just the finishing touches that are left before the commissioning.

Speaking on the project, the Director of Welfare of the Students Union Government of the institution, Comrade Alawa John Adie, applauded the Vice Chancellor of the institution for his foresight in solving the basic needs of the students.

He stressed that the water board project which started some years ago as a dream will soon come to reality, and the aim of the project will be achieved. According to him, the SUG is doing everything within their possible best to ensure that the welfare of every student is guaranteed.

Alawa went further to list the benefits of the project when commissioned to include; constant flow of water in all the hostels in the institution, solution to the inappropriate disposal of faeces in the hostels, and constant flowing of water in all the laboratories and other sectors of the institution.

Since You Are Here, Support Good Journalism


CrossRiverWatch was founded on the ideals of deploying tech tools to report in an ethical manner, news, views and analysis with a narrative that ensures transparency in governance, a good society and an accountable democracy.

Everyone appreciates good journalism but it costs a lot of money. Nonetheless, it cannot be sacrificed on the altar of news commercialisation.

Consider making a modest contribution to support CrossRiverWatch's journalism of credibility and integrity in order to ensure that all have continuous free access to our noble endeavor.

CLICK HERE

New Feature: Don't miss any of our news again.Get all our articles in your facebook chat box.Click the Facebook Messenger Icon below to subscribe now

Text Advert by CRWatch :Place Yours

Will You To Learn How To Make Millions Of Naira Making Special Creams From Your Kitchen?.Click Here


Expose Your Business And Make More Sales. Advertise On CrossRiverWatch.com Today

You may also read!

#Calabar: ACROJ Condemns Arson, Pledges Media Support In Restoring Calm

By Patrick Obia Association of Cross River Online Journalists (ACROJ) has condemned in totality Friday and Saturday’s mass looting

Read More...

#EndSARS: CPJ Calls For Investigation Into Attacks On Journalists And Media Houses During Protests

By Jonathan Ugbal Nigerian authorities should conduct a swift and transparent investigation into recent attacks on journalists and media

Read More...

#Eid-El-Maulud: Ayade Sues For Prayers, Forgiveness As Curfew Bites Hard On Muslims

By Maxwell Effiong and Kelvin Ololo Muslims in Cross River State say the curfew currently in place will impact

Read More...

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Mobile Sliding Menu

Share this now