By Sylvia Akpan, Government House Correspondent
Cross River Governor, Sen. Bassey Otu has appointed Prince Edwin Okon as the Acting Executive Chairman for the State Internal Revenue Service, CRSIRS.
Also, the Governor appointed Mr. Bassey Samuel Nsor as the General Manager of the State-owned media outlet, Cross River Broadcasting Corporation, CRBC.
Both appointments were contained in two separate statements signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Anthony Owan Enoh, and issued on Monday.
In the letter with reference number SSG/GAO/102/VOL.VI/221, Prof. Enoh said the Governor had approved the suspension of Mr. Akpanke Ogar as the Executive Chairman of the CRSIRS while the appointment of Prince Okon is with effect from today.
In the letter with reference number, SSG/GAO/102/VOL.VI/216, Mr. Nsor, whose appointment is also with immediate effect, was directed to “proceed to the office of the Secretary to the State Government for proper briefing and documentation.”
In a related development, Gov. Otu also approved nine appointments to the Office of the Wife of the Governor, Mrs. Eyoanwan Otu.
A statement issued on Monday and also signed by Prof. Enoh with reference number, SSG/GAO/102/VOL.VI/217, said the appointments are with immediate effect with all concerned to proceed to the office of the SSG for proper briefing and documentation.
The appointees are:
- Special Adviser Administration – Dr. Comfort Oko
- Special Adviser Programs/Project/Event – Dr. Inyang Asibong
- Head Of Protocol – Alice Ndem JP
- Press Secretary – Faith Eyo Okon
- Special Assistant New Media and Communication – Kenneth Anam
- Special Assistant Political – Chief Angela Odey
- Special Assistant NGOs – Mr. Jeffrey Adamade Asabusi
- Special Assistant Religious Affairs – Ms. Odo Bassey
- Special Assistant Domestic – Nancy Inyang Olatunji